Subject: Re: [Leica] Alternative 800mm lens for R
From: Roy Zartarian <rzartarian@snet.net>
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2002 13:19:07 -0500

This is one of those combinations that demands lots of light and fast film. I
have used the Televid-photo adapter-slr body combination with varying degrees
of success for some bird pictures.  If the subjects were fairly static, the
results were acceptable.  If the subjects were in motion, the image suffered
either because the focus was off or the shutter speed was too slow to stop
the movement.  And the depth of field is rather narrow.  It's a compromise
solution for those times when you go out to observe through the spotting
scope and don't want to take along a separate long lens for photography

You can, if you're a glutton for punishment, stack extenders between the
adapter and the camera body. With the 1.4x and 2x, I think you end with about
a 2000mm f/32 lens and the image through the viewfinder is so dim that you
may end up focusing by guess.

Roy