Subject: [Leica] Re: Leica Users digest V22 #111
From: Ed Birch <edwbirch@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 24 Mar 2002 00:27:37 -0500

Mark Rabiner wrote......

> As far as introductions go Mr. Birch as I'm still up may i welcome you
> to the LUG where politics is highly discouraged....

To include the political squabbling that went on and on several months ago,
I would presume.
My, where were you?

> And may I suggest introducing us to your Leica leanings way before you
> hit us with any political tomfoolery?

My "Leica leanings" began 32 years ago with a post war IIIc and Summicron
50mm
f-2 lens, a Gossen Luna Pro did the metering.  Prior to that a Petri
rangefinder camera, f-1.9, I purchased new in 1958 at the main PX, Seoul
South Korea.  For processing of film and prints, I used the Army facilities
on base.  An old Master Sergeant taught this kid photography---something
that kept me away from the Korean whorehouses and ginmills.  (Well,
sometimes.)

Mark, at no time did I ever claim to be a professional photographer, it's
unlikely that I ever will, I leave the professionalism to guys like you.

I will always dislike Jane Fonda and her kind!  And should you have a
problem with that Mark, may I suggest that you find and use the Delete Key!

Ed Birch.

R5, M6, M3 and wartime IIIc.