Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Photoshop educational discount (was B/W digital printing options)
From: "Matthew Powell" <mlpowell@directvinternet.com>
Date: Sun, 24 Mar 2002 19:59:54 -0600

> Suggesting that somebody steal intellectual property isn't becoming of a
> photographer.

Hmmm? How is this any different than a previous suggestion that we request
the "artist's" discount on frames?

> Misrepresenting yourself to pay a lower licensing fee is
> reprehensible.  How would you feel if an ad agency did that to a
> photographer?  "Oh, it's just local circulation."  And then you find out
> that the ad was running globally?

More'n likely I'd be pissed. But then, I'm one person, whereas Adobe is a
rather large corporation. Call it unethical if you like, but I really have
little trouble with those who would pirate Microsoft or Adobe (or
whomever's) software. Not everyone who would like to can afford Photoshop or
Office Professional.

> And you wonder why John Q. Public has no respect for photographers'
> intellectual property rights when we appear so cavalier about other's
rights
> ourselves.
I doubt that that John Q. Public, like most rational people, finds little
common ground with the corporate bohemoths.

Replies: Reply from "Eric" <ericm@pobox.com> ([Leica] Re: Photoshop educational discount (was B/W digital printing options))
Message from "Frank Filippone" <red735i@earthlink.net> (RE: [Leica] Photoshop educational discount (was B/W digital printing options))
Message from "Eric" <ericm@pobox.com> ([Leica] Re: Photoshop educational discount (was B/W digital printing options))