Subject: [Leica] Re: Photoshop educational discount (was B/W digital printing options)
From: Allan Wafkowski <allan@sohogurus.net>
Date: Sun, 24 Mar 2002 23:18:05 -0500

I don't disagree with you that there is a moral issue involved, but I
also believe there is a moral issue with "shrink wrap licensing", and
with Microsoft charging large sums for programs that have become de
facto standards because of Microsoft's "urging". I don't own Photoshop
because I won't pay $600 for it, and I'm uncomfortable using a purloined
copy. Still, there is something obscene about Adobe charging the amount
they do--unmitigated greed. I'm not much of a capitalist, I suppose.

How do dogs enter into this, you ask. Well, now that I'm asked face-on,
I'm hard pressed to think of an answer.

Allan

Replies: Reply from Nathan Wajsman <wajsman@webshuttle.ch> (Re: [Leica] Re: Photoshop educational discount (was B/W digital printing options))