Subject: RE: [Leica] Re: Epson printers
From: John Brownlow <lists@johnbrownlow.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2002 09:24:46 -0500

On 3/25/02 jv@futurafish.com wrote:

>On the subject of Epson printers and cartridges. Is it true that what Epson
>(and others) supply 'free' cartridges with the printer purchase, the
>cartridges
>are only partly full?
>Ive recently purchased an 810 and the cartridges only lasted for about 10
>prints! At that rate its cheaper to get prints done by a professional.

the cartridges you get with the printer *are* different from regular ones
I think. You also have to bear in mind that they use up a fair amount of
ink in charging the system for the first time. However they are still a
massive ripoff. I heartily recommend a CIS bulk inking system from
www.nomorecarts.com and some nice third party inks like Generations or
MIS. I have the CIS running on my 1160 for piezography, and I just
ordered another for my 1280 which will be running Generations inks for
archival color printing. Although it seems expensive ($150-$250) you will
save the entire cost of the system on the first or second set of bottles.
Plus you have a much greater choice of inks.

- --
John Brownlow

http://www.pinkheadedbug.com