Subject: [Leica] Re: Leica Users digest V22 #118
From: "Paul T. Collura" <pcollura@epix.net>
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2002 10:32:19 -0500

> Roland Smith
> Oakland, California

I doubt that Willie Nelson is an expert regarding longevity patterns of different subgroups of peoples. While there may be many old "drunks" it is because a larger percentage of the population drinks to excess than graduates from medical school.  I can assure you that physicians on average outlive alcoholics.

While genetics may well be the blueprint of longevity, bad eating habits will affect longevity and health.  For example, the explosion in diabetes is in major part due to overeating by Americans.

Paul Collura MD

Replies: Reply from "Roland Smith" <roland@dnai.com> (Re: [Leica] Re: Leica Users digest V22 #118)