Subject: Re: [Leica] 2002 PAW -- week 12 -- John Brownlow
From: John Brownlow <lists@johnbrownlow.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2002 16:06:55 -0500

On 3/26/02 3:42 PM, "Tina Manley" <images@InfoAve.Net> wrote:

>> Another hand-held 360 pan. I have some more from this session from inside
>> the mall but this was the first out of the digital soup.
>>
>>     http://www.pinkheadedbug.com/paw/pages/week12.html
>>
>> --
>> John Brownlow
>

> Was this taken with your Coolpix 5000, too, John?  The amount of detail on
> 4000 pixel version is astounding!  I'm sure the print looks like you could
> walk right into it. 8 or 9 hours!  You win the award for the most patience
> working with PhotoShop!

Yes, the 5000. Amazing little camera. The original file is 12000 pixels wide
and is sharp as a tack. You have to see the print to believe it.

I get way more detail out of this camera than I do with any of my
conventional film cameras using 100 asa color neg. However the image cannot
be enlarged to the same degree for reasons I can't quite work out, probably
to do with grain and some of the digital artefacts which become a little
obvious, as does the chromatic aberration of the lens.

Thanks for the photoshop award... It should be a little statuette of a guy
with squinty eyes, RSI and a crooked back.

- --
John Brownlow

http://www.pinkheadedbug.com