Subject: RE: [Leica] Educational versions of software: The Official word from Adobe
From: Simon Stevens <simon@camera-craftsman.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2002 17:58:32 -0500

I contacted Adobe's and asked about upgrades for software purchased with
an educational discount.  This was the response, snipped from a larger
e-mail:

" . . . Educational customers may continue to purchase regular upgrades
upon completion of their studies. . . You may purchase upgrades for
educational versions of Adobe software, but the upgrades are not
available at educational discounts.  Educational products may, however,
qualify for post-announce upgrade pricing (i.e., free or reduced).  When
you purchase upgrades for educational versions of most Adobe products,
you receive a new End User License Agreement (EULA) that overrides the
original license agreement and no longer restricts you to educational
use. For Adobe products with  educational upgrades, however, the new
EULA continues to restrict you to educational use. . . "

I hope this clarifies things.

Simon Stevens