Subject: Re: [Leica] suggestion on PAW
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@shaw.ca>
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2002 06:28:06 -0800

Olivier Nguyen wrote:
>>I want to make a PAW for all of you professional photographer critic in
> order to improve my skill.  I come upon a question that my wife ask me "is
> your skill up to that yet to make PAW" since I am a newbie in this area.
> should I make a PAW or should I not base on my limited skill.<<<

Hi Olivier,
Post away, we want to see your pictures, as that's the only way you'll
learn.

Don't worry if you're just starting or a seasoned pro, we only learn by
doing and receiving honest critique of each picture. It can be difficult at
times to swallow the advice as every person has their opinions. You'll also
learn that sometimes "too much advice" is just that "too much advice" and it
becomes confusing.

But beyond the helpful comments always keep in mind,"this is your work" your
pictures and the bottom line is to satisfy yourself as to whether you like
it or not. Improvements can help make it better, but there isn't any good
advice if it turns you off about your own picture.

Take the advice as a learning medicine and after a short period you'll make
the corrections before any one has the opportunity to tell you otherwise.

Shoot lots, as the more you take the better you should become at learning
the small and big things that make a photograph interesting and eye
catching.
Send them along we're waiting.
ted

Ted Grant Photography Limited