Subject: Re: [Leica] PAW
From: "Don Dory" <dorysrus@mindspring.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2002 21:09:08 -0500

Brad, the concept is good, but unfortunately you are going to have to return
to the scene and re-photograph it ;(

This image seems to be all about symmetry and the relationship of in focus
and progressively OOF.  So, the image presented is just off center and your
models hair is asymmetric but not intentionally so.  Also, I would back off
just a bit so the bottom of the picture goes a little lower(just a little
lower)  for more of a V.  I would also try some without the t-shirt.  Last,
the part in focus is not quite in focus.  Possibly use a tripod which would
let you bracket apertures to control the transition to OOF.

As to the alternate, when you reshoot, do a few of just the bottom part of
the presented image with the intention on doing the same Photoshop trick.
You will end up with a very nice abstract.

This is an image that with some thought would be really strong on a number
of levels.

Thanks for sharing.

Don
dorysrus@mindspring.com