Subject: Re: [Leica] Scanners (yet again)
From: Photo Phreak <leicam4pro@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2002 15:14:46 -0800 (PST)

- --- Herbert & Lee Kanner <kanner@acm.org> wrote:
> I've seen no answers from any of you gurus in response to
> my question.  If
> my sole use for a flat-bed scanners is to put a PWIFLI
> (Picture When I Feel
> Like It) onto a web site, is there any reason to spring
> for a 1200 x 2400
> scanner rather than the 1/3 cheaper 600 x 1200 one?
> --
> Herbert Kanner
> kanner@acm.org
> 650-326-8204

    In most areas I always suggest a person buy the very
best he can afford.  Then as his skills grow, and he wants
to do more, he is not saddled with a machine that cannnot
do the job.  But in an area where technology is changing so
rapidly, this may no longer hold true.
   But shop wisely and buy something that will not limit
you as your skills and abilities grow.