Subject: Re: [Leica] open wide
From: Photo Phreak <leicam4pro@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 30 Mar 2002 08:49:22 -0800 (PST)

- --- bourgeois and biblical <bwdaly@bigfatpipe.net> wrote:
> i ordered a voigtlander 12mm.  fun, fun, fun.
>
> and, in a total aside, a friend is giving me an old
> mamiya 1000 DTL he
> found in his dad's closet.  i'd like to use it as a macro
> camera, since

    Asahi made several excellent P thread macro lenses.  My
suggestion is to get a late model bellows and be patient
and get the later multicoated lenses of one of the auctions
or where ever suits you.  There was an excellent 50 or so,
on a focusing mount and a 100 or so, available as a bellows
lens.  It may also have been available on a focusing mount.

    I am not a big fan of KEH.  I met the ( or one of ) the
owners, after listening to him, I was negatively impressed.....