Subject: Re: [Leica] RE: Vivitar (was: Metz 40-Mz on R8)
From: Rolfe Tessem <rolfe@ldp.com>
Date: Sat, 30 Mar 2002 16:59:59 -0500

- --On Saturday, March 30, 2002 1:34 PM -0800 David Young
<youngs@islandnet.com> wrote:

>> there are at least two versions of the 283, one with high voltage and the
>> other (newer one) low voltage. all new camera's are low voltage only.

> Mehrdad:
>
> Do you have any idea what these voltages are?
>
> I had heard that the change to low voltage occurred many years ago. Does
> anybody on this list have a serial number where the change occurred?
>
> I've been using mine (fairly old) with my R5, R6 & now R8 for about 3
> years, with no difficulties.  But now, I'd like to know!

The newer ones are stamped "Made in China" and I believe any of those are
the low voltage models. If you're extra paranoid, you should check the
voltage, but the change occurred many years ago.

- --
Rolfe Tessem
rolfe@ldp.com
Lucky Duck Productions, Inc.