Subject: Re: [Leica] the fling is over/my search has ended
From: Doug Herr <telyt@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 30 Mar 2002 15:26:04 -0800

on 3/30/02 7:15 AM, Julian Koplen at jkoplen@mindspring.com wrote:

> Doug or Seth,
>
> Intriguing.  What devices are needed to make that lens fit and work on a
> Leicaflex SL (or R8)?  If one appears for sale, are there additional factors
> to consider before purchasing for use on the SL?
>
> Thanks.........Julian

Julian, the Televit was made in both viso III (bayonet) and R mounts.  The
viso version needs either a 14127 or (preferably) 14167 viso-to-R adapter.

The R version typically lacks the 3rd nul cam that the earlier R bodies need
to meter accurately.  The 3rd cam can be added.  I don't think the R8 needs
it.  The R4s and R4sP need +1.5 stops exposure compensation to meter
accurately without the 3rd nul cam.  Other than this cam issue the Televit-R
works fine on any Leica reflex body.

The bottleneck is the 14138 adapter needed to fit the 280 lens head onto the
Televit.  They're quite scarce but it's a simple enough thing that I don't
see why a competent machinist couldn't replicate it.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com