Subject: Re: [Leica] open wide
From: "Andrew Touchon" <atouchon@cox.net>
Date: Sat, 30 Mar 2002 18:55:19 -0500

Don,

You and I are both correct.

The original Super Takumars made prior to 1971 we were not super multi
coated.  When I hold these lenses up to the light I see two colors
reflected, red and yellow.  While the super multicoated lenses reflect red
yellow and blue.  The  older lenses are coated and some are multi layered.
However, they are no match for the 7 layer super multi coated lenses.

For more info click here: http://kmp.bdimitrov.de/extras/SMC.html