Subject: [Leica] Is the new Apo 90/f2 M lens worth the upgrade?
From: rclompus@cox.net
Date: Sun, 31 Mar 2002 20:59:49 -0500

Dear Fellow LUGnuts,

I've got new Leica lenses and older ones.  Each carries its own signature.  I tend to use them as tools when each one is appropriate.

I use the 90 Summicron at f2 for portraits.  At times, I wish it was a bit sharper and had less flare.  For those who us the newer Apo 90, will I likely see a difference wide open?

I'm not interested in starting a thread of "my lens is better than yours".  It's just that the upgrade will not be inexpensive and I'd rather hear from one of you who has already done this exercise.

Thanks in advance.

Richard Clompus
Roanoke, VA