Subject: [Leica] William Albert Allard
From: Gwpics@aol.com
Date: Mon, 01 Apr 2002 04:33:40 EST

Having thoroughly enjoyed William Albert Allards latest book 'Portrait of America' I wondered what equipment and film he used. I was delighted to see that the latest copy of American 'Photo' magazine has a shot of his taken on an M6 with 21mm f2.8 Elmarit-M. The image is on Kodachrome 200 and shot at 1/2sec. at f2.8. Allard adds that he used a tripod for the only time during a whole 10 week assignment.

I can thoroughly recommend his new book which has great images punctuated by the stories behind the assignments.

Gerry - www.gwpics.com