Subject: [Leica] RE: WAS:The Canon Challenge [Macro-Micro Stuff]! no brainer!
From: "Felix Lopez de Maturana" <fmaturana@euskalnet.net>
Date: Mon, 1 Apr 2002 21:37:50 +0200

<>>>>>>> So, sure go ahead and send one slide.  Send the subject and light
<too, but a single slide is hardly a significant test.  A track record of
<performance under the conditions I work with tells me if a lens is worth
the
<money or not.<<<<

<Hi Doug,
<Save yer time lad, this "challenge is a no brainer" and complete waste of
<your important time, which would be better spent doing what you do so
<beautifully, capturing elements of Mother Nature.<

<We've seen these kinds of dumb ass challenges arrive on the screen over the
<years and nothing can be proven unless the lenses are used at exactly the
<same moment, same place, same subject etc etc etc!!!!!!!!!!!

<Hell it would be much faster to ship the two lenses to Erwin, let him do
his
<thing or some reputable lens testing company and let them knock themselves
<out doing the techie stuff. Which inturn wont prove anything other than
<........ you are happy with your lens and the other guy is happy with his!
<Game over and never the twain shall meet in equal harmony. :-)
<ted

Ted

I did a similar test, same object, same light, same moment and two lenses,
(not micro but wides)  Summicron 28mm ASPH f1:2 and Nikkor 28mm f1:2. You
can see at http:\\fmaturanavizcaya.tripod.com\fmaturana  and the result is
the Leica is better than the Nikkor but not as much as the price's
difference. Every month I'm going to do a comparative test of similar lenses
(I've got the time) and I'm not biased in favour of any brand (including
Leica).

Kind regards

Felix

Replies: Reply from Ted Grant <tedgrant@shaw.ca> (Re: [Leica] RE: WAS:The Canon Challenge [Macro-Micro Stuff]! no brainer!)