Subject: RE: [Leica] 1.25 Mag
From: "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 1 Apr 2002 14:32:50 -0500

That's too consperitorial for my blood. I think the explanation for the
vaporware magnifiers is far simpler:

Leica incompetence.

While Leica's optical designers came up with a truly great product that
makes every modern M body more useful under certain circumstances, Leica's
manufacturing and marketing geniuses failed to properly estimate demand for
the product, and thus customers are left empty handed and, if they have any
sense, pissed off. Of course these same geniuses also seem to have more R8s
than they know what to do with, but that's another chapter from the same
book. ;-)