Subject: Re: [Leica] Air Tight container for my Leicas?
From: Vick Ko <vick.ko@sympatico.ca>
Date: Mon, 01 Apr 2002 19:33:43 -0500

Hmmm.

I think if you exposed your Leica to a vacuum, you would vaporize all the
lubricants,
guaranteeing that you'd need a CLA - with a capital "L".  I'd probably
recommend storage
in something inert like nitrogen, helium or argon, with no oxygen or  moisture.

I wonder if 100 years from now, you'd still be able to get batteries for it.
Or film.

Rangefinder alignment should be okay

I wonder what the rubberized shutter would be like.  A Leica IA would be
getting near
70 years old now - anyone out there seen an original shutter is like?  And
would you
take the shutter tension off the shutter to allow the curtain  and tape to
relax, as opposed
to 100 years under tension?

regards,
Vick