Subject: [Leica] Re: the fling is over/my search has ended
From: "Eric" <ericm@pobox.com>
Date: Mon, 01 Apr 2002 22:28:49 -0600

B.D.:

>And, of course, the concept that a free roll of film and processing is any
>kind of compensation for the loss of ones images - be they personal shots of
>the kids on Xmas morning or the champion tomatoes, or shots taken on a
>paying job - is utterly ridiculous.

What would you suggest?

If your undeveloped film can have a price tag associated with it, take out
an insurance policy on the undeveloped film.

Mistakes happen.  If the film developers were to assume unlimited liability
for developing film, who do you think will really end up paying for that
liability?

I say that having had some of my own priceless shots ruined.  Right after
the birth of my daughter.  That's what really pushed me back into doing all
my own film again.  That way, I have only myself to blame for anything that
goes wrong.  Removes a lot of stress when I don't have to worry about idiots
handling my film.  :)

A while back, Brian posted a list of suggestions for people taking school
photos.  That list included shooting two rolls, even if you only took one
exposure per roll.  Why?  To cover your butt.  If your subject is really
that special, shoot lots of film and mark it so you can tell which roll is
what...don't send it all to one place to be developed.

Eric

Message from "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net> (RE: [Leica] Re: the fling is over/my search has ended)