Subject: Re: [Leica] leica 35-70 /2.8
From: Joseph Yao <joseph@yao.com>
Date: Fri, 05 Apr 2002 03:01:30 +0800

B.D.,

The reality is that I just cannot get enough R 35-70/2.8 ASPH regardless of
price.  I have a waiting list in the order of HUNDREDS to fulfil.  With the
new higher price Leica are finally making a profit with this lens.  Are you
not glad that our favourite camera company is making some useful money with
the sales of this lens so more money can be poured into the R&D for other
things that may interest you?

For those of you who would prefer not to spend so much on a standard zoom
lens, there is always the VE 35-70/4.0 at US$700.  This is a fine lens in
its own right and would you not agree that we have a choice here:

If you value absolute quality, go for the f/2.8 lens.  If you are budget
conscious, there is always the Vario Elmar that costs ten times less.

Different strokes for different folks?

Bests,

Joseph