Subject: Re: [Leica] M7 heaven! :-) UPDATE.
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@shaw.ca>
Date: Thu, 04 Apr 2002 15:08:33 -0800

UPDATE : Exposure on first roll of B&W all AE!

Normally when I use my M6's as soon as the two arrow heads go bright red, I
shoot, no fooling around thinking about it. And yes sometimes there's a
slight exposure variation, And I think quite normal under the circumstance
of moving subjects.

First roll through the M7 varying locations inside - out, low light at 1.4
and sunlight. Every frame is right on the mark and better than I'd have done
in the manual handling of using the M6.

Camera up to eye, compose shoot!And of course a quick look at the shutter
speed displayed in the viewfinder. Click! I'm very surprised at the
consistency, I shouldn't be, after all it's a Leica and what I expect,
accuracy.

So it's a roll of slide film next, damn I don't usually go through this kind
of stuff as the camera comes out of the box, gets loaded and into the fray
of picture battle immediately. Not alone of course, but one of several used
during the shoot. If by some 'orrible mishap the camera screws up, the shoot
is covered through the other cameras.

This one could have gone right at it without a thought. And as I mentioned
the other day, even though exposures are right on the mark, that doesn't
mean the picture content is! ;-)

Another update later. Don't touch that dial. ;-)
ted

Ted Grant Photography Limited
www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant

Message from Marc Attinasi <marc@attinasi.org> (Re: [Leica] Re: Kodachrome Solution)