Subject: Re: [Leica] M7 heaven! :-) UPDATE.
From: Dan Cardish <dcardish@sympatico.ca>
Date: Thu, 04 Apr 2002 20:58:51 -0500

But the metering in the Leica was not designed for spur of the moment
shooting, Ted's success with it notwithstanding.  It is *selective*
metering, which means in general you must be selective in what you meter.
In my case, this means finding something in the scene, or nearby to meter
off of, set the exposure, and then begin shooting, perhaps many exposures,
before worrying about changing the exposure.

I'm not certain how to do this easily in an M7.

Dan C.

At 05:39 PM 04-04-02 -0800, Henry Ting wrote:

>Good points and I agree. The Leica M is all about
>shooting at the spur of moment.
[snip]

Replies: Reply from "Eric" <ericm@pobox.com> ([Leica] Re: M7 heaven! :-) UPDATE.)
Reply from Ted Grant <tedgrant@shaw.ca> (Re: [Leica] M7 heaven! :-) UPDATE.)