Subject: Re: [Leica] Telyt Lenses
From: Photo Phreak <leicam4pro@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Apr 2002 18:14:19 -0800 (PST)

- --- Frank Filippone <red735i@earthlink.net> wrote:
> I am getting sucked inbto this Telyt Lens thing..... But
> I need some basic
> info....
>
> The 400 and longer  F 5.6 and 6.8 lenses fit which
> system?  The M/Visoflex
> or the Leicaflex?
> If you get the lens for one system , will it fit the
> other system with some
> form of adapters?  Which adapters?

1.  Original set ( early '60s):
    400 mm. f/5.6 Telyt lens head -  fits special focusing
    mount.
    560 mm. f/5.6 Telyt lens head -  ditto, same mount
    Telyt focusing mount and diaphragm for above.

2.  Second version ( introduced for Leicaflex ):
    Only difference is focusing mount is made to fit a
    Leicaflex.  Usual problems with cams for later
    cameras.

3.  The Viso set will fit a 'flex with proper adapter.
    There was one made for the 'flex and another for SL

4.  Leicaflex focusing mounts will NOT adapt to Visoflex.

5.  Telyt "trombone" set(s):
    Telyt 400 mm. f/6.8  lens head
    Telyt 560 mm. f/6.8  lens head
    Focusing mount for above.

6.  None of the f/6.8 lens heads will fit the earlier
    focusing mounts and vice versa.

7.  Viso set will fit 'flexes with proper adapter.
    'flex sets eill NOT adapt to Visoflex.

8.  Both sets use preset aperture and stop-down metering
    on SL and later cameras.