Subject: RE: [Leica] Did Leica miss the boat on the M7 viewfinder?
From: "Beddoe, Neil" <nbeddoe@lehman.com>
Date: Fri, 5 Apr 2002 08:31:52 +0100

<<<<<<<<
Yes but this is 2002
They finally came out with an aperture preferred
camera decades after they could have. They have done
nothing to improve upon their M2 RF. and they gave up
on long lenses after the m4-p.
It's too little too late and they are now stuck in a
niche market which can be taken away from them if any
of the large mfgs ever decide to do so. The whole
thing
is a joke really. The M series is now as limited as it
is irrelevant.
Sorry
Javier

Oh go away!  I love my M6 and I love my absurdly expensive 35m Summilux that
gives me pictures that I can't tell apart from those taken with a 35mm
Nikkor that cost me a quarter of the price.  I love the engraved film
counter and the brass body that feels like it could kill an elephant with a
well placed throw. I love the solid thunk of the lens hood on my 90mm
Elmarit when I extend it.  I love the little click of the shutter and the
ultra positive clicks of the aperture ring.  But most of all, and above all
else, I love taking pictures with it.

I've got a Sheaffer pen with a solid gold nib and I love writing with that,
would you like to try and sell me a biro?