Subject: RE: [Leica] Telyt Lenses
From: Photo Phreak <leicam4pro@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 5 Apr 2002 12:57:21 -0800 (PST)

- --- Frank Filippone <red735i@earthlink.net> wrote:
> Thanks all for the help on this topic... some of this
> stuff is so hard to
> fathom..... glad I have this community to depend
> upon.....
>
> One last question....  were there ever mounts made to
> adapt the Visoflex
> lenses to another camera brand body?  Nikon?  Canon?
>
> Frank Filippone
> red735i@earthlink.net

    Nippon Kogaku KK ( Nikon ) had a Visoflex like setup
for their rangefinders.  Several long lenses and a bellows
for close-up work.  When the F was presented they offered
an adapter to use the old design long lenses with the F.
    By some "strange coincidence", the Nikon Rfdr mirror
box used the same lens flange to film distance as the
Visoflex sysem.  They also used the same screw mount.  So
the Viso lens units that used the "OUBIO" ( 16466 ? )
adapter and tripod foot will also fit using the Nikon L-F
adapter on a Nikon F series or Nikkormat camera.
    The lenses that mounted directly with an M flange will
not work with this adapter.
    I suspect that most of these adapters ended up in a
trash can and so are now probably very rare and expensive.

=====
"Half the world is composed of people who have something to
say and can't, and the other half who have nothing to say
and keep on saying it." -Robert Frost