Subject: [Leica] Re: ISO setting for Fuji 800 NPZ professional
From: Andrew Nemeth <azn@nemeng.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Apr 2002 09:23:19 +1000

Dan Cardish <dcardish@sympatico.ca> wrote:

>This is the information I'm looking for.  In the past whenever I've used
>colour negatives films with speeds greater than 400, I've always found that
>the rated speeds were always an overestimate.
>
>But you find that NPZ can really be rated at the "official" rating?

Yes.

I have shot a lot of rolls of 800 Fuji films (NGHII,
Press 800, NPZ) over the last three years.  (You can
see a few sample images at <http://4020.net/everyday>)

All of these Fuji 800 films work as advertised at iso 800.
I mainly use them for indoors work though as I find their
outdoors colour not up to scratch (w.r.t Kodak Supra 100).

The only film I've had trouble with was Fuji Press 1600,
which does *not* work properly at ISO 1600.  To get any
kind of density and shadow-detail you have to over-expose
it one whole stop - meaning you would be better off using 800
film in the first place.  (Chalk up another triumph for
Marketing...)

Regds,

Andrew Nemeth

<http://4020.net>    -> photos, 360° panoramic vrs, sounds