Subject: Re: [Leica] After a month: R8 vs D30
From: "J. Gilbert Plantinga" <gilplant@hvc.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Apr 2002 12:22:23 -0400

Your R8 came with a MANUAL! Oops, I guess I've been listening to Ted for
too long :->

Seriously, the thing I love most about my R8 is that the layout of the
controls is just like my M6 TTLs and now my M7. I look at the meter
display at the bottom of the finder and turn the aperture ring in the
same direction I want the display to change; ditto for the shutter speed
dial, and the process is the same as on my Ms. BTW, I was one of those
who first bought the M6 TTL as a second body but then had to replace my
M6 classic because I couldn't get used to having bodies with shutter
speed dials that went in opposite directions. And now that I have the M7
I know that I'll replace my remaining M6 body lest I start making
mistakes while working fast and forgetting that the M6 has no AE.

Gilbert