Subject: RE: [Leica] Has Leica ever offered a student discount program?
From: "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 9 Apr 2002 14:04:37 -0400

For any student - on a student budget - considering getting into Leica in
particular, or RF in general, I would suggest considering a Bessa R2 body
and a used Summicron 50 or pre-asph 35. No, it's not a Leica body. But it
has a meter, it has a top shutter speed of a 2000th, a flash sync of a
125th, it's cast metal, and it has a bright viewfinder. AND, it's new and
has a warranty.

Is offer this advice, btw, because I think what is most important for
students is finding out if they can have a happy marriage with a
rangefinder, rather than acquiring a Leica.

B. D.