Subject: Re: [Leica] new black paint product hits this week...
From: "John R. Fulton Jr." <JRFjr@compuserve.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Apr 2002 13:40:41 -0500

Photo Phreak asked....

>     Any more questions about "Leica as jewelry"?

No--I just have a quick silly story.
I went out to Texas Motor Speedway for the rain-delayed NASCAR race, yesterday.
I wasn't credentialed or anything--didn't even have a ticket.
The race had started and I was walking around trying to find a really
cheap ticket in. All I wanted to do was look around for a bit and see
the cars on the track and shoot some photographs. It was  good break
for a Monday.
Anyway, after turning down "offers" from two ticket "brokers" I met a
man in his 50's who said he had a ticket for $20.00. I told him I
only had ten bucks to spend for a ticket. He looked at my M6 w/28 and
laughed. He said, "you're carrying that camera around and tell me you
only have ten dollars" and he laughed again.
Caught.
best,
John
(we settled on $15 and he told me his dad had been into photography
so he knew a Leica when he saw it.)