Subject: [Leica] Re: PAW 14 -- Nathan goes to the dogs with his useless Leica
From: Peter Klein <pklein@2alpha.net>
Date: Tue, 9 Apr 2002 12:00:37 -0700 (PDT)

This argument has been going on for a about 2,000 years.  Note the
positions and expressions of the two dogs:

Nathan's dog: http://www.wajsman.com/2002_14.jpg
Pompeii dog:  http://www.2alpha.com/~pklein/italy/bewareofdog.htm

Anyone who knows dogs can see that the Pompeii dog is in a "play bow,"
just like Nathan's dog.  But ever since the mosaic was discovered, people
have been arguing over whether one was supposed to "beware" (be afraid) of
the dog, or to "be aware" (careful not to step on him).

- --Peter Klein
Seattle, WA

Nathan:
>my dog looks absolutely rabid!