Subject: [Leica] M7...fill in flash
From: "Dr. Elliot Puritz" <drpuritz@bellsouth.net>
Date: Tue, 9 Apr 2002 19:27:35 -0400

Reading through my M7 manual, and trying the camera.  So far, so good.
Seamless transition from the M6.  Agree with Gil though.  If one uses the M6
bodies as a back up mistakes will happen as one waits for the exposure to be
set ...only to realize that one must twist the dial stupid! I do wonder if
the AE will be that much of a help though...in difficult lighting situations
one will still have to "manually" make changes with the EV wheel.  I have
grown very comfortable with the "old fashion" metering system....walk right
up and meter the face in a strong bright light situation, or simply open the
aperture a stop or two. Opposite in muted light.

A question...does anyone have a good feeling for how to do fill in with the
new Metz flash and the SCA module that Leica suggests?  I gather one would
use HSS, and set the shutter speed on the camera.  What then?

TIA,

Elliot

Replies: Reply from Lucien <director@ubi.edu> (Re: [Leica] M7...fill in flash)