Subject: RE: [Leica] Re: [MUGers] 90mm f2 APO vs. Nikkor 105mm f1.8
From: "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 9 Apr 2002 20:40:31 -0400

What is this post supposed to mean? That new lenses shouldn't be tested
against older lenses? Then how would we possible know whether the new lenses
are any better than the older lenses? Are we to simply take the
manufacturer's word for the fact that a lens is "the latest and greatest?"

I don't think so.

And, yes, the 90 APO is a magnificent lens - and I owned and used one.