Subject: [Leica] pictures of urban New Jersey?
From: Brian Reid <reid@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us>
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2002 14:08:38 -0700

A friend who is a graphic designer is working on a contract to design a brochure for the Episcopal Diocese of New Jersey, which is attempting to recruit a new bishop. These brochures are produced to attract the attention of potential applicants.

People who design such booklets for a living tend to rely on stock photography; very few clients are willing to pay for custom photography.

She has discovered that absolutely none of the photo stock agencies have anything at all matching her requests for pictures that show urban New Jersey. All of the big stock agencies have research departments, and she's asked them to check, and they all came up dry. New Jersey isn't normally considered very photogenic, I guess.

Newark won't do; it's in the Diocese of Newark and not the Diocese of New Jersey. But pretty much the entire remainder of the state will do.

I figured it couldn't hurt to ask the LUG if anybody has any pictures of street life, urban landscapes, aerial shots, pictures of churches, or whatever, depicting life in New Jersey, that would be priced suitably for use in such a brochure. She just phoned me to ask if I had ever seen a "panorama of Trenton or Camden that I could use as a full bleed" and I just started to laugh.

You can reply to me, or communicate directly with her at CMA@Cynthesis.com, should you refer.