Subject: Re: [Leica] A sobering thought
From: "dante@umich.edu" <dante@umich.edu>
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2002 23:52:38 -0400

I don't know why they have so many popups - especially in light of who they
claim as sponsors.

not to make your eyes bleed, but this is a better link:

http://frozenmoments.virtualave.net/LensTests/50-58mmf12TestedAtf12.htm

but the 50/1.2 Noctilux was equal in performance to the 55/1.2 SSC Canon SLR
lens, which cost a fraction of the cost (interestingly, these two lenses
returned near-identical results -- to 1% of contrast).

Interestingly, the Canon, Leica and Nikon all shared a predilection for
center contrast over edges; Konica, Minolta and Pentax all had lower center
contrast, but higher edge contrast -- almost completely even across the
frame at f/1.2.