Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: SonC.com banned
From: S Dimitrov <sld@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2002 08:38:45 -0700

Allan;
It's all dangerous. A while back I wound up in emergency with a slashed
hand, nothing really serious, while trying to fix my wife's
cuisinard(and no it wasn't plugged in). And I hadn't stepped out my
front door yet when this happened.
Much more dangerous, than the _glamor kills_, is the simmering poverty,
and more pointedly the lack of access to participate in the historical
process within a community. The dead, often times as unknown to them as
to others, maybe walking and buried in some indefinite future, but
what's taking place has the stamp of a hideous brutality that is rarely addressed.
I wouldn't trivialize the deaths by gun violence. Over 2 million people,
according to physicians who are members of Stop the Violence, have died
from gun violence from 1965 to today. That's is more than all the wars
the US have been engaged in combined. Those are deaths most often caused
by people who know one another.
Slobodan Dimitrov