Subject: Re: [Leica] Why are professional labs unwilling to do pigmentdye transfer and Cibachrome?
From: Jeffery Smith <jsmith45@bellsouth.net>
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2002 11:50:47 -0500

I'm not sure on that model. It has to do with the "ink" used in the
cartridges. The 2000P apparently uses lightfast pigments rather than inks.
I suspect that they are like the new pigments in watercolor paints.
Watercolor paints have been notorious for fading quickly when exposed to
light. The new pigments are quinacridone based, making them lightfast. I
assume (I repeat, assume) that the new epson colors that are lightfast are
using new synthetic organic pigments like those in quinacridone watercolors.