Subject: Re: [Leica] re: student discounts
From: "Matthew Powell" <mlpowell@directvinternet.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2002 16:45:40 -0500

>Which market would you choose? Bronica, Hasselblad, Mamiya, Sinar... offer
student
> discounts. These discounts are cheaper than sales days (by 10-20%) at USA
> dealers, but more costly than direct importing from overseas (by 20%).

Hmmm... I found that to be true with the Bronica SQ-Ai kit ($1300 through
Robert White, $1600 through their student program, $2400 through B&H), but
not true of Hasselblad and Mamiya kits (a few hundred more through Robert
White than their student programs). I can't find a reliable Hong Kong price
list to compare prices there.