Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: The Word of the Lord
From: S Dimitrov <sld@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2002 08:22:51 -0700

I have the last non-asph 'cron, which I always found to be one of their
best lenses. If it's soft at the edges, well, I don't know of any RF
shooters who compose like one would with an SLR, so it's kinda moot. The
only 35 'lux I've used where the M3 version and their last non-asph
version, both real pigs not really worthy to be in the same camera bag
as the rest of their lenses.
What I've seen of the new 90 apo 'con image quality makes it a lens well
worth saving for. I'm currently using a 90 Elmarit-R, last version, on
my R6 which covers that range. I'm quite comfortable with mixed
shooting, i.e. RF and SLR. I even mix digital for color and 120 for B/W.
Personally, I think that a 35-90, or a 28-75 are great combinations. You
should look at the past few years of your work and see where you tend to
gravitate lens wise.
For my own work I tend to get closer and wider, which makes the 28 'cron
my next purchase.
Slobodan Dimitrov