Subject: Re: [Leica] First Time Choice of Leica Bodies
From: Mark Cohen <markc@binaryfaith.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2002 10:05:51 -0700 (PDT)

Peter,

First of all welcome to the good life :) Leica photography is as good as
it gets.

K&S doesn't have any M7s right now. (They are all on back order) so you
will only be able to see the M6, R6.2 (if they have any) and the R8.

As for lens/body combinations, they are numerous.

Understand though, that if you decide on the M series, there are no zoom
lenses. There are tri-focal length lenses though.

Depending on what you ultimately go with I can only recommend the M system
because its what I use. :)

My Body of preference is the M6 (classic.. but then again Im wierd.;) )

I prefer the 35 Summicron (f2) to any other lens.

If I were to build a totally new system, I would get the M(6/7) 35
Summicron, 75 Summilux and the 90 Elmarit

M7 2350.00
35 1995.00
75 2495.00

= 7000.00

Also the Tri-Elmar (28-35-50) F4 2195.00 isn't a bad deal. (Allbeit a
little slow)

90 Elmarit M is 1195.00

So you could get the M body the tri-elmar and the 90 elmarit for under
your budget..

- -Mark