Subject: Re: [Leica] M7 meter
From: SthRosner@aol.com
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2002 15:13:46 EDT

In a message dated 4/12/02 11:40:07 AM Eastern Daylight Time, msmall@infi.net
writes:

> At 07:28 AM 4/12/02 -0700, S Dimitrov wrote:
>  >Is the M7's meter more sensitive than the M6 in low light.
>  >The M6's meter in low light is what's called in technicall terms, a real
>  >pig.
>  >Even my R6's meter walks circles around it
>  >I take that back a pig can be quick, how about a real sloth.
>  >I use a hand held meter most of the time in low light because of that.
>  >Slobodan Dimitrov
>
>  Wow.  Let us just say that our results vary dramatically -- my early M6 has
>  a deathlessly accurate meter which really shines in low-light conditions.
>  Are you certain that you are being cautious about what you meter on?  This
>  can be a problem in low-light situations.
>
>  Marc

Wow. This is getting bloody embarrassing: I'm entirely with Marc on this
difference of opinion. Since I got my first M6 in 1986, I haven't used my
Luna-Pro except on very rare occasions when I was out with only an M4. The M6
meter has been dead-on without exception and, while admittedly I rarely shoot
in extremely low light, I don't remember ever failing to get a usable reading
on the M6.

Seth        LaK 9