Subject: Re: [Leica] No! No!, Erwin!
From: Adam Bridge <abridge@idea-processing.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2002 23:16:44 -0700

On 4/12/02 (SonC) Sonny Carter  wrote:

>The quality of Erwin Puts' work is not in question, and never has been, even
>by his detractors. The title of the post that so offended Erwin seemed
>jocular to me.  I did not see animosity there.

It seemed *at least* snotty to me and but denigrating is more like it.

People write things on this mailing list that they would NEVER say in person.
They don't appear to realize the effect their words can have on others - or
perhaps since they don't have to deal with the consequences personally they just
don't care. It's not just this list, it's common on virtually every internet
forum I've encountered. People just cannot take a few moments to ponder what
they write.

Erwin was hit pretty hard here over his M7 review, much harder than he should
have. It's not that the questions were bad - it's the form they took which
seemed personal to me.

Personally I'm surprised he even wanted to take the time to write his newsletter
- - who would want to open themselves to such bad treatment, esp when the only
thing driving them is their own passion and desire to share their understanding?

Adam Bridge

Replies: Reply from Alastair Firkin <firkin@ncable.net.au> ([Leica] The loss of any member is a loss for us all)