Subject: RE: [Leica] Erwin's departure from public :-(
From: "Austin Franklin" <darkroom@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Sat, 13 Apr 2002 09:25:09 -0400

> Since the early days of the LUG, no one of
> us has challenged Erwin on the issues he raises.

Marc,

I KNOW that isn't true, at least for me.  I have ALWAYS stuck to technical
issues with Erwin, as well as many others have too.  I found his posts, for
the most part, well reasoned and on sound base, as well as quite
informative...and I certainly appreciated them for their technical content
and thought provocation.  I DO have a problem with posts that come across as
dissertations rather than discussion and the refusal of the poster to
"allow" them to be questioned, that they should just be taken as "what
is"...whoever they are from!  This is a discussion group, not a lecture
hall, that is, unless someone asks for a lecture...

BTW, I do not believe asking someone for clarification of their relationship
with a company whose equipment they constantly write about is challenging
their character at all.

Regards,

Austin