Subject: [Leica] Re: Let's all blame B.D.
From: Jim Brick <jim@brick.org>
Date: Sat, 13 Apr 2002 15:33:56 -0700

Good start. Then

>Austin Franklin writes:
>
> >...there was no way to respond to "the
> > list"...Erwin was the only poster to it...and every member was simply
> > receive only, no avenue for discussion.

Not true Austin.

First of all, it was a "newsletter" with subscribers, not an e-mail
discussion list. Do you get any "newsletters" in the mail or via e-mail? I
get lots of them and they ARE NOT general discussion groups.

Period.

With news letters, you must either write or phone the newsletter
editor/publisher, or e-mail the editor/publisher directly. Depending upon
the delivery method.

If you hit reply on Erwin's newsletter, you got Erwin's personal e-mail
address for the reply. You could say or ask anything you wish, just like
any other newsletter. I did this many times over the past year or so. And
when necessary, Erwin answered me either personally or in the next newsletter.

Think of it as "Letters to the editor."

But alas, because of a few ne'er-do-wells, this rare opportunity has
slipped away. But guess what. We all know e-x-a-c-t-l-y who those
ne'er-do-wells are!

Jim

Replies: Reply from Jim Brick <jim@brick.org> ([Leica] RE: Re: Let's all blame B.D.)