Subject: Re: [Leica] A scary moment !
From: Simon Stevens <simon@camera-craftsman.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Apr 2002 17:41:20 -0400

This is true, but the opposite also applies.  Whenever I did weddings, I
made a point to create as small a "footprint" as possible.  In my view a
wedding is first and foremost a family event of importance, not merely a
set with a cast of stock characters to manipulate into prearranged
positions.

Most of my clients (or at least the ones who hired me) had horror
stories of the wedding photographer who barked instructions at aunt
Millie, interrupted the event, demanded to take cheesy posed shots, or
who got in a pissing contest with a guest or family member who just
wanted to take a picture with her own camera.  These were all things I
vowed never to do and I think the goodwill created was worth it. Plus
recording an event rather than dominating it kept my blood pressure
down.

Simon Stevens