Subject: Re: [Leica] Grebe chicks
From: Dennis Painter <dennis@hale-pohaku.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2002 21:50:57 -0700

When faced with this dilemma I call and ask for a "rehabber"

Call, explain what you have and ask if they know someone that takes in and
rehabs your critter:
1. Animal shelters (Do *not* give them the animal)
2. Fish and game department.
3. Animal control
4. American Society for Prevention of Cruelty to Animals
5. Any City or County office that sounds good from the name in the phone
book.

I know this probably only applies to the USA, but.
Who you call first is not important, try them till you get a rehabber to
call.

There are lots of rehabbers out there, they can't afford to advertise but
they are known.

Young and baby birds and animals need to be fed frequently. Often every
couple of hours during the daytime. I don't know how rehabbers do it, it's
their only life.

Hope this helps.
Dennis