Subject: RE: [Leica] need suggestion on leica lens 180mm (filter size not E55)
From: "telyt@earthlink.net" <telyt@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2002 16:45:29 -0400

> the serial number of the lens that the seller give me 3191xxx.  is
> this say anything about the lens?
> would those elpro work with this lens or macro adapter work with this
> lens ?

This tells me it's not the first-version Elmarit-R since the 2nd-version lens shown on my review page is 2999xxx.  There are no ELPRO lenses made to fit either version of the Elmarit-R so you'd use extension tubes like the macro-adapter-R.  I have no idea what the optical performance is in the close-up range.  The price is good if it's the 2nd version Elmarit-R  This lens uses E67 filters.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com

http://mail2web.com/ .