Subject: Re: [Leica] [OT] Digital Darkroom and why? (was [OT] Color darkroom worth it?)
From: Tina Manley <images@InfoAve.Net>
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2002 11:47:32 -0400

At 11:00 AM 4/17/02 -0400, you wrote:

>I am wondering, what is the objective behind those of you using a
>"Digital Darkroom" that take it to paper?  I see two different
>objectives, one is to reduce the cost of creating prints and/or the
>other is to have control over the printing process without the time and
>cost of printing it the old fashion way.  Are there any more that I am
>missing? (Please keep in mind that I am assuming that the original image
>was made on tradition film in a traditional camera, say a Leica maybe.
>I am NOT referring to those shooting digital cameras.)

To avoid chemicals.  After years in the darkroom, I developed a sensitivity
to darkroom chemicals and can't use them anymore.  Not that I would want
to.  I love my "lightroom" even more than I did my darkroom

Tina

Tina Manley, ASMP
http://www.tinamanley.com
images available from http://www.pdiphotos.com