Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: [OT] Color darkroom worth it?
From: "olivier nguyen" <oliviertnguyen@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2002 11:51:03 -0400

Hi Doug,
how much is it cost you to built a cibachrome darkroom?

yes digital is good in away. for now, I like to do everything by hand in
darkroom since i have time and I love to play with these stuff.
Digital is easy once you get a hang on using software. equipment for digital
ain't cheap at all.  for a good scanner, it cost about 3K.  a good printer,
it cost another 3K+ .  a good computer to handle a big files would cost
about 5K minimum.  I prefer to have stand alone computer server type to edit
photo that have a size of 150MB.  beside all of these spend, it probably not
good print comeout due to limitation of computer technology and too much of
variation factor between computer software, computer hardware, computer
monitor, printer, scanner and camera.

that is how I see about digital world at this point in time.  may be in
future, it will progressively change to surpass film with X3 FEVEON chip.
still, that only happen with camera.  what about other hardware like
scanner, printer and scanner.  each of these devices does not have exact
structure and algorithm in firmware and hardware built and it will effect
the picture.

Olivier